Carpet cleaning often gets overlooked and rushed. Nobody likes to go around the house vacuuming intensively and spending hours in removing stains. However, keep in mind that carpets and mats present the perfect environment for all sorts of bugs and bacteria to grow. Imagine the quantity of shed skin, hairs, dust, all sorts of food crumbs and small particles embedded into the fibres of your carpeting. To help you properly tidy your home our London cleaning experts are prepared to share a couple of their special carpet secrets.
Secret N1: Vacuuming Is Necessary
Regardless of what type your carpeting is you need to start with a proper hovering. Here is how cleaning companies do it:
- Adjust the hovering set in accordance with the type of fibres you are cleaning, you don’t want to damage them.
- Divide the carpet into sections and carefully hover each one a couple of times.
- Your hover’s brush has two types of sets – one is for carpets and the other is for flat surfaces. Be careful not to mix them.
- Regularly remove the hairs from your vacuum’s brush.
- Be cautious not to suck up the edges of your mats and rugs when you are cleaning them.
Secret N2: Get to Know Your Carpet
Not all fabrics are the same thus they have different cleaning requirements. Make sure to check the label and the manufacturer’s instructions when it comes to clean them.
- Some fabrics can only be dry cleaned.
- Natural carpets made of wool are extremely delicate, and you need to avoid using common cleaning detergents on them.
- Regardless of the fabric avoid using products containing ammonia or chlorine. These chemicals are extremely strong and can discolour or even burn your carpet.
- Expensive rugs and mats can be sold with their own cleaning kits. Use them and avoid cheap alternatives.
Secret N3: Place Some Rules at Your London Home
In order to prolongate the life of your precious carpet there a couple of cleaning rules, you need to introduce your family to.
- No shoes in the home – Just imagine how many germs and mud you spread around the house. It is unsanitary, and it will wear off your carpeting.
- Do not wash your carpet without the proper gear – You may want to launder your mats by hand but if you don’t have specialised cleaning equipment you risk to ruin it. If the water is not extracted properly, mould and mildew will soon invade the fabric.
- Don’t try to hide the mess – If you’ve made a stain-clean it immediately. It is the responsible thing to do.
- Food doesn’t belong on the carpet – Leaving your floor covering filled with bread crumbs or any other leftovers is unacceptable. You are only making the chances of a bug infestation bigger.
Secret N4: Deep-cleaning Is Good for Your Carpets
Experts often advise to deep-clean your carpeting at least once every 18 months. This is not some kind of advertising scam there is true evidence that professional cleaning services can help protect your rugs.
- The hot water extraction method is one of the most beneficial both for your health and your carpets. The steam will separate the dirt from the fibres, brighten the colours and disinfect the surface.
- The majority of cleaning companies in London use dirt repellents. These products serve as a shield protecting the fibres from dust, germs and even bugs.
- Dry cleaning is something you must do if you own an unwashable carpet. Vacuuming is not enough, you can’t remove stains using your hover and when you can’t rely on water and liquid soap, this is your only option.