We always want what is best for our homes, and sometimes this includes buying expensive vacuum machines. But not just any kind, we are talking about the robotic ones that can, according to their advertisers – change the way we look at cleaning. It all sounds very impressive, but do these tiny hoovers actually work? Are they dangerous? Can we really trust them to properly tidy our houses? To find answers to these questions, we turned to one of London’s best cleaning companies and asked the professionals to share their opinion. So here are the pros and cons that the real experts pinpointed in an honest conversation about robotic vacuum machines.
The Perks of Using a Robotic Cleaning Device in Your London Home
To maintain your house tidy and your family healthy you need to regularly clean the floors and carpets. This may be easier than we think. If we own a Roomba for example. The London cleaning professionals revealed the following pros of these little helpers:
- Maintaining a strict cleaning routine. The majority of robotic vacuum machines are programmable which is convenient for creating a regular schedule. You can plan when you need it to switch on and start hoovering. Even if you are not home, your floors will be taking care of.
- Time-saving and simple to use. Robotic cleaners are very low-maintenance despite being so useful. They can easily reach to places where ordinary hoovers have never been. You don’t have to sweep the floors ever again.
- Close to no noise pollution. Regular vacuum cleaners are extremely noisy, even the expensive ones can be heard from the next room. In comparison, robotic hoovers emit minimal to no working sounds. They are designed not to disrupt the normal household dynamic while silently doing their job.
- Multifunctional design. Some robotic vacuums have more than one build-up function. Our expert London cleaners admit that with these little “robots” the scheduled spring cleansing of the home is way easier. If your home is regularly mopped and hoovered, there will be fewer stains left for the professionals.
- Small and compact. You no longer need to find a place to shove the big vacuum machine with all of its attachments. Your tiny robotic helper can fit into the drawer of your bedside table.
Cons in Having a Robotic Cleaner in Your London House
Let’s look at the things from the other point of view and find out why not all is perfect. There are some things we need to seriously think about before purchasing an expensive robotic hoover.
- You need to break your piggy bank. We can’t sugar coat it, robotic vacuum machines are quite expensive. You need to think long and hard before purchasing one, as some models can cost up to 1000£.
- Everything they stumble upon is considered rubbish. You will lose the convenience of finding your earrings, bracelets, coins. Not to mention the robotic cleaner will suck in small toy pieces and basically everything that can fit into its suction. This means that before you switch it on, you need to carefully check the floors in every room.
- Cleaning disadvantages. Robotic hoovers are made to clean only flat surfaces, which is quite limiting when you think about it. They can’t hoover stairs or go across raised thresholds. If your home is not robot-friendly, it will be a waste of money and time.
- You still need to do the dreaded cleaning of the hoover. Granted you no longer have to change vacuum bags, but the robotic hoover has an equally annoying thing you need to care for – its dust container. And the smaller the machine, the tinier it is. Which means you need to frequently clean the dustbin of your robotic friend if you don’t want it clogged.
- They are one-dimensional cleaners. Whit regular vacuum cleaners you can use the different attachments to remove dirt and dust not only from your floors but also from your upholstery, walls, ceilings. Robotic hoovers can only clean the surface they are moving on, so in that sense, they are highly unpractical.
In conclusion, if you really want to buy one of these smart self-sufficient gadgets – go for it. But keep in mind that they are not a universal cleaning solution. You will still have to do a lot of the chores in your London home. Regardless of the choice, you made the majority of cleaning companies in London still advice to do at least two professional deep-cleansing of your home a year. You can never fully trust a robot to do the job.