We get in contact with millions of bacteria every single day. Luckily, we have our immune system to deal with them. However, since the lifespan of these microorganisms is incredibly short, they evolve by the hour and spread even faster. So that’s why humanity needs stronger medicine every year to handle all those pathogens that have adapted.
One of the things that we do which significantly stops the thread is cleaning our homes. Allow us to share the dirtiest things you need to regularly take proper care to keep illness away.
London House Cleaners Share the Germiest Small Items
- Toilet brush – It probably comes as no shock to you that this is the first item in our list. This cleaning tool we use in the dirtiest place of every London home is in contact with far more germs than any other household item. One easy way to keep it in a good condition is to soak the brush in a solution of bleach and hot water. Do it every month and don’t forget about the holder too.
- Soap dispenser – Even though it’s far less used in our homes (compared to restaurants, for example) you touch the soap dispenser right before washing your hands in the toilet. If that’s not a germ magnet, we don’t know what is. To keep the bacteria contained, regularly clean the dispenser with hot soapy water and wipe it with a paper towel.
- Kitchen sponge – Yes, the item you use to wash your pans and dishes is one of the filthiest things around your home. However, instead of changing the sponge after it gets a bit dirty, domestic cleaners in London recommend to just disinfect it. Wash the sponge and simply microwave it for one minute. This increases the temperature of the water molecules and effectively kills a large percentage of the bacteria.
- Door handles – An item we rarely think about when we clean, but one that attracts a large number of germs. Next time you clean your doors, make sure to wipe the handles as well. Using soapy water will do the trick. Also, don’t forget about all the other handles around your London house – like the microwave one, or those of your wardrobe.
- Kitchen towels – The easiest way to ensure your kitchen towels don’t spread bacteria is to change them with clean ones often. That’s especially true during the summer. Higher temperatures and humidity levels are the ideal conditions for germs to thrive and multiply by the numbers. Domestic cleaners in London advise washing your towels on a higher temperature to kill off all harmful microorganisms.
- Toothbrush holder – Probably one of the dirtiest things in every bathroom. Domestic cleaners in London share why people often forget the toothbrush holder when cleaning the bathroom. It’s because people often focus their efforts on tiles and corners, so they overlook this minor detail. But germs won’t be as picky as you are, and they will multiply practically everywhere. Therefore, the next time you’re scrubbing the room, don’t forget about your toothbrush holder.
- Pet toys and beds – Just like human bedding and clothes, the things our furry friends use the most needs to be sanitised properly regularly. This will have a positive effect not only on their health but also on yours.
Other Items That Attract Germs According to Professional House Cleaners
- Mobile phone – Nowadays, we don’t go anywhere without our phones, and some even bring the gadget with them in the toilet. That makes our mobile devices one of the germiest items out there. To keep them germ-free, you need to disinfect them often. All you need to do is use a paper towel and a spray solution containing isopropyl alcohol (not more than 75%). There are many options on the market, so pick your favourite.
- Money – It’s well-known coins and bills are among the dirtiest items, we touch daily. Sadly, they are also uncleanable. But you can still escape the nasty bacteria that they spread. Simply make sure to wash your hands often or use a hand sanitiser 2-3 times a day.
There are many other things that we often forget about when tidying our homes. That’s why following a thorough checklist is always the best option. After all, all London house cleaning companies do it, so why not follow their example?