When planning to move your home you are usually preoccupied with immediate tasks like packing and organising transportation. However, you have to remember to leave a couple of days solely to clean and prepare your new house for the arrival of your boxes. As tedious it sounds the thorough cleansing of your new place is necessary to keep a healthy home environment. Here is where our experienced London cleaners come and help you tidy and arrange your new place.
As you already know preparation is vital when it comes to house movings. Make sure to include in the agenda the purchasing of cleaning supplies and tools beforehand. You just won’t have enough time to run around the neighbourhood checking each store for something you may need. Make a list of cleaning essentials and get everything to your new home before the boxes arrive. If you struggle what to include in the list here are some suggestions:
- A bucket and a mop.
- A broom and a dustpan
- A pack of microfibre cloths
- A squeegee
- Window cleaner
- Multipurpose cleaner
- Toilet bowl cleaner
Depending on what type are your floors and whether you have carpets or not you may want to send your vacuum cleaner ahead of the other boxes. Another alternative is to get your carpeting deep-washed my a house cleaning company.
From Where to Start
If you are up against a big empty house it’s natural to ask yourself “From where to start?”. As any professional London cleaning technician will tell you – from the room with the least foot traffic. Then you make your way to the hot spots. Here is an example of a room cleaning order:
- First, clean the bedroom as you might need to sleep there this night.
- Next, are the bathroom and toilet.
- Go and take care of the kitchen area.
Leave the living room and entryway for last as these are the places where you will most definitely store your moving boxes in the first few days after the house move.
DONTs and DOs in Cleaning Your New House
Depending on the type of move you are having and the items you are bringing with you, there are a couple of cleaning rules you need to follow. Try to avoid:
- Cooking in any of the kitchen appliances before you deep-washed them,
- Putting food in a dirty fridge or freezer.
- Letting your pets inside the home before you had the chance to properly clean it.
- Mopping an unvacuumed floor as you will end up creating a mess and not be able to wash properly your floors.
- Using DIY cleaners on unfamiliar surfaces. If you are unsure what type of carpets you have or from what material are made the worktops.
After we established what not to do, here are some pro cleaning tips that will help prepare your new home:
- Always clean before and after you unpack. It may seem tedious and to be frank, it is, but you don’t want to arrange your furniture in two coats od dust and dirt.
- After you mop your floors, wait until everything has dried out and then start to carry the boxes in the house. You can even cover your floors with plastic sheets to keep them clean while bringing your belongings inside.
- Wash your windows and check if the insolation and aluminium blinds work properly.
- Remember to vacuum all corners of the rooms and remove the cobwebs.
If you don’t have enough time to spend on thoroughly tidying up your house, you can always rely on your local London cleaning company to provide you with the services you need.