If you are a Londoner with a busy life or a stressful career, you probably rarely get onto the spring cleaning bandwagon. As a result, your household may suffer under piles and piles of clutter, dirty windows, and broken overlooked furniture. Worry not, because being pressed by time doesn’t mean you can’t have your home refreshed for spring. You simply need to be strategic about it. To help you with it, we’ve devised a simple spring cleaning method for busy people.
How Does The Spring Cleaning Method For Busy People Works
You need to understand there is no time limit when we are talking about the annual one-off cleaning of your London home. Divide and conquer!
- Find pockets of time – All you need is a couple of minutes per day to tackle one or two chores around your property. You can fit them while brewing your morning coffee. Five to ten minutes each day should be enough.
- Sneak in a chore or two – Get a stack of sticky notes and write down each task (we’ll be listing the most important ones below) on a separate one. Stick them all on your fridge where they’ll be right in front of you – easy to see, grab, and do.
- Have a cleaning kit loaded and ready – When speed cleaning, you want to avoid the moments of wondering what type of cleaner or tool you should be using. Instead, have your essential supplies ready in a convenient and easy to carry kit.
- Get a helping hand – You don’t have to be the hero in this story. Bringing your home to a tidy and clutter-free condition should be a team project, so get helpers whenever you can. Make it a family project where everybody can contribute a little.
So what are the most important deep cleaning chores you should do this spring?
Declutter Your London House
Just like people, homes tend to gain a couple of pounds over the course of winter. That’s why decluttering is praised by one-off cleaning professionals as the most important task when spring tidying your house.
- Get yourself some sticky notes.
- Take a stroll around one room in your house and mark the objects you can donate. The rule is — the more the merrier — and it applies to both the size and amount of stuff you want to get rid of.
- After you’re done with the marking, you can decide what to do with your items and start getting rid of them gradually.
Give Your Windows a Treatment
Now that the spring is finally here, you’ll probably open your windows more often to allow the fresh air inside. This will be your little reminder to clean your windows. You don’t have to tackle them all at once, though. Wash them room by room. Pick a cloudy day, so it will be easier to see the window smudges.
To make it even easier (and cheaper!) for you, we’ll share a recipe for an effective window cleaner. Simply mix 1 tbsp of white vinegar with 250ml water and 1 tbsp of lemon juice to kill off that vinegar smell. Use it with a spray bottle to give your windows a nice shine.
Wardrobes hold the majority of clutter in our homes. Decluttering them is one of the hardest jobs and usually, you reserved it for the one-off house cleaning. But if you don’t have a lot of time, you can improvise:
- Wake up 10 minutes earlier every day.
- Do a fast scan of one shelve and separate the clothes you no longer want.
- Put them in a bin bag.
- Do this every day until all is decluttered.
- Donate the clothes you no longer need.
Go Digital For a Successful Spring Cleaning
According to our experienced London spring cleaners, paper clutter is the most difficult for people to get rid of. That’s because of the human nature to conserve for the future and pile up resources – you never know what you’ll need tomorrow! However, in this day and age books, photos, magazines, and paper, in general, are all redundant. Luckily, you can easily clean all by digitalising as much of the paper clutter as possible.
Quick Fixes Around Your London House
Unfortunately, being busy has probably resulted in you neglecting more than the tidying of your London property. However, spring cleaning gives you, not only a chance to declutter but also fix the things that have been bothering you for a while. A leaky tap, a broken cabinet door hinge – whatever it is, if it’s small enough for you to fix it, now is your chance.
And those are all the essential cleaning tasks that you should do this spring. Complete them gradually each day, and your home will get in shape soon enough.