Every homeowner at some point in their life has heard about the magical effect of steam cleaning. But how exactly the cleansing magic works? Steam is produced by heating clean water and used to purify and disinfect. It has a very high temperature and can melt and dissolves dirt, dust, even kill mould and mildew.
If you are living in a big city, like London you know how much dust and small particles there are in the air. All of this slowly enters the home and can cause a lot of allergies and even asthma. Steam cleaning is an eco-friendly and safe method to clean your whole house or office.
Why Should You Steam Clean Your Home
Let’s explore what are the actual benefits of this cleaning method and what makes it that popular.
- Chemical free. No chemicals or cleaning solutions are used when steam cleaning. The hot air is strong enough to deal with all bacterias that are hiding in your home. If you have an allergy or for example, are sensitive to the smell of chlorine, this is the right choice for you.
- The healthier way of cleaning. When there are no chemicals involved the risk for the health drops significantly. Steam is safe to use around small children and pets that both love to put things in their mouth and crawl on the floor. In some medical conditions, doctors recommend steam cleaning because the hot air binds the dirt molecules in the air and purifies it.
- Efficient and Green. Using steam is cheaper than vacuuming and mopping. With only one litre of tap water, you can clean a small apartment. There is no need to buy different cleaning solutions and use protection like a mask or gloves. The best part is that it is environmentally friendly and it decreases the level of plastic using in the home – packaging, bottles etc.
- Multi-purpose. Every surface can be steam cleaned. You can even clean your clothes and car using a steam cleaner.
The Magical House Cleaner
We said that you could clean use a steam on everything, but let’s give some examples for its the extraordinary power.
- All kinds of floors. Steam cleaning is equally effective on tile floors and on wooden floors. It leaves no smell, no residue from cleaning agents and no scratches or marks.
- Sparkling bathroom. You can clean tile crevasse, mirrors, fittings, toilets and sinks, all just by using hot air. Steam will disinfect and clean from mould every corner of the bathroom without damaging the different surfaces. No unpleasant smell, no bacteria and no black stains between the tiles.
- A tidy kitchen. The kitchen, the place where you can find all kinds of grease stains, dirty cookers and impossible to scrub grills. A quick steam cleaning and everything will be just a bad dream. The high temperature dissolves the fat molecules and destroys them, leaving nothing behind.
- Carpets and curtains. The carpet is one of the dirtiest things in the home, everybody steps on it, with or without their shoes, the pets sleep on it, children play on it and don’t forget that one time that you dropped your glass with red wine on it. Regardless of how many times you vacuum it, it will never be as good as new. Or will it? Steam cleaning to the rescue, it will remove even the wine and food stains. And what about the curtains? Well, let’s say that you do not need to remove them anymore for washing and ironing.
- Furniture and upholstery. Steam will disinfect and bring back the colours in your upholstery and furniture. No matter what it is from a living room couch to an office chair the hot air will cleanse everything. Steam can eliminate unpleasant odours and simultaneously kill any mould or mildew that is hiding in the sofa.
- Windows and glass doors. Such a beautiful office but those stains on the windows are so irritating. What about the glass doors? In every corporate building, there is at least one on every floor and they are all covered in fingerprints and spots. Steam cleaning can help with all of that, it will make all surfaces shine with no additional use of cleaning agents.
Choose What Is Best For You
Now that you are reading this and thinking “I need this in my life” we can offer you a solution. Depending on what you want, how much are you ready to spend and how valuable to you is your free time there are a couple of possibilities.
- The professional way. There are a lot of cleaning companies in London that offer steam cleaning as part of their services. We recommend the professional way first when it comes to business building and offices, and medium to big homes. Second, if you have pets in particular dogs and cats, and if you are a parent of small children. The time and the effort that you must put to clean and disinfect on your own completely justifies employing experienced cleaners.
- The “do it yourself” way. If you decide that hiring a company is not for you, there is another way – you can buy a domestic steam cleaner. There are many different brands, with different specifications and many uses.