In the first days of December, it is time to start preparing for the upcoming hustle and bustle of the Holidays. You can’t skip tidying and cocking but at least you can organise your time in a way allowing you to actually have some minutes to yourself. The key to surviving the winter madness is speed cleaning and here is why.
What Is Speed Cleaning
To put it simply, it is like a regular tidying up but faster. You don’t scrub and scrape your home for hours rather do a couple of well-planed chores spread throughout a span of days. Speed cleaning is perfect when you feel lazy or have to much on your hands to spend whole day mopping and vacuuming. It is a popular practice during the Holidays especially when you are waiting for family and friends to stop by.
In order to keep everything in check, you will need a couple of things sorted out. According to London cleaning professionals, the following 3 points are the essence of speed tidying.
- Cleaning products – You have to make a list and purchase in advance all of the detergents you may need. Do not waste time to run to the store or order online. Always keep your London home stacked.
- Cleaning tools – Think about what you want to do and how are you going to execute it. Check your utensils and decide what you will need. If something is missing, buy it before it is too late.
- A helping hand – It is vital to delegate the chores amongst your family members or else you won’t be able to finish in time. There is a reason cleaning companies have teams of two or more employees. You will need reinforcements.
Why Having a System Is Important
Speed cleaning is not as simple of a task as it seems. In order to tidy your London estate in a little less than an hour, you must have a system. You can download a checklist from the internet and use it as a guide. A well-developed plan will result in:
- Saving time
- Minimising expenses
- Keeping the place in order
Professional Cleaning Tips
We won’t bore you with the usual hacks how to create your own detergent or chore chart for your kids. Here we have actual pro tips used by almost all cleaning companies in London.
- Listen to music – The rhythm will help you concentrate and switch off your brain. This way you will both relax and train your body to get used to the fast sweeping or wiping motions. The next time you book house cleaners, notice how most of them also listen to music while working.
- Put on a timer – a pro tip for the newbies at speed cleaning: in order to develop the habit of properly organising your time, you need to learn to work on the clock. You will soon notice how you spend less and less precious minutes and move faster.
- Use a cleaning apron – Experienced London professionals say this is the best way to execute perfect cleaning services. The apron has multiple pockets where you can keep your tools and spray bottles. This way you don’t have to run around the house searching for different things.
- Do not repeat the same chore each day – The idea is to do short but intensive cleaning seances. It is pointless to do one chore repeatedly. For example, vacuuming the floors.
- Don’t overdo it – nobody is expecting miracles. It is called speed cleaning for a reason. Yes, your windows may be dirty, and you will still have dust on top of your wardrobes, but realistically speaking nobody will notice it.
It is the holidays, just have fun with your loved ones, and ignore minor distractions.