According to the season, there are different cleaning practices that you should follow. Some of them change under the influence of new technologies or social trends. Other stay the same for years. This Autumn lets explore which are the best cleaning methods and trends so you will be adequately prepared for the upcoming holiday cleanings.
The Green Wave
The environment is undeniably suffering under the pressure of modern-day society. Thankfully people are starting to take serious measures in reducing the plastic and lowering the harmful emission. This effort can also be seen in the cleaning industry. Influencers and professionals are creating new rules when it comes to tidying your home.
- Use products labelled “eco-friendly”, “chemical-free”, “recyclable.” Avoid the ones marked as “fire hazard”, “dangerous” and “poisonous”.
- When purchasing your regular detergents try to buy the biggest package as it makes less waste. It’s better to throw away one big bottle than three or four little ones.
- A great way to reduce the consumption of products and resources is to hire a cleaning company to perform your regular house cleanups. There are many London-based contractors that use green products and can easily do the job.
- The chemicals you use at home must be either neutral pH (in the 7 range), little or no VOC’s (volatile organic compounds) and have few dyes, perfumes and colourants.
New Standards in House Cleaning Tech
Things are rapidly changing, and this can be clearly seen in the new trends in house cleaning tools.
- Roombas and other brands of robotic vacuum cleaners are the future. They are perfect for keeping your home tidy while saving you money.
- Your hover needs to have a HEPA filter. As the air in the big metropolitans like London become more and more polluted it is essential to have an effective filtering system at home. A good alternative is to book professional cleaning services as all of the used equipment is up to standard.
- Something that’s become quite popular this year is backpack vacuum systems. They improve productivity and are great for capturing dust particles.
- One of the best practices, when it comes to cleaning tools, is to know your vacuum’s attachments and use them properly. Do not overlook these brushes and wands.
- A popular misconception is that ostrich or feather dusters, in general, are essential for every home. They are not. In fact, these tools are quite useless when it comes to collecting the dust particles.
The Cleaning Habits You Need to Have
The following list of best practices was created after a hard and long consideration. Here you can find technics used by our own London professional cleaners as well as some popular environmental influencers.
- Be careful when using DIY cleaning recipes. Most are created by people who have no idea what are they talking about. Research every ingredient and after you are certain they won’t damage your floors or furniture proceed to apply them.
- When it comes to designer pieces of furniture or expensive leather upholstery the best thing you can do is to contact the manufacturer and ask for guidance. Most can offer you specialised cleaning kits. Use only the products included in them to achieve maximum results.
- For all dog parents out there, you must wash the paws of your furry companions after every time they go outside. This is not optional. You can also use sanitising wet wipes if you are in a hurry.
- Door and bathroom mats must be regularly vacuumed and washed. They are placed in the most germ-infested areas of the home and need special attention.
- In Autumn there is a lot of foliage, mud and general debris that stick to our shoe soles. For that reason, you must take off your shoes at the front door and prevent the spreading of the dirt in the home.
- Before the winter months come you need to thoroughly clean your air vents and AC. The filtration system in your home must be fully functional.