If you’re a business owner, you know that planning and organisation are key for smooth operations. And that’s true even when it comes to keeping the office environment clean. As we’ve discussed previously, clean business spaces are essential to keep your staff happy and healthy.
But how to achieve it easily? Just do as the professional office cleaning companies in London do – use a checklist. It makes the whole process easier, saves time and ensures nothing important is missed.
How to Design Your Office Cleaning Checklists
To have a fresh business environment 365 days of the year, you need to make sure to clean your spaces regularly. This means designing and following a daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
Our London office cleaning professionals will give you examples of each. Bear in mind though, that these example lists will suit the needs of a mid-sized office. So if you have to clean a bigger business space in London, you’ll need to tweak the checklists to fit your requirements. Why? Well, because larger offices may need some cleaning tasks to be done more often as opposed to spaces which accommodate fewer people.
Let’s see what tasks to include in each list:
Daily Office Cleaning Checklist
The office cleaning chores included in this list are designed to cover the absolute minimum. With these tasks, your London office spaces will be sanitary and clean enough for a normal workday. The bare minimum of tasks includes:
- Wipe down and disinfect door handles, light switches and skirtings;
- Sanitise hard surfaces;
- Wash glasswork and reflective surfaces like mirrors and brass;
- Clean and sanitise toilets, sinks, doors, and fixtures;
- Refill soap dispensers;
- Put the dirty plates and pans in the dishwasher;
- Wipe off appliances with a sanitising spray;
- Empty trash bins and wash as needed;
- Vacuum the carpeting from daily debris;
- Mop all hard floors and tiled areas with a disinfectant;
Weekly Office Cleaning List
Commercial cleaning providers in London always recommend tidying up weekly. You should add those on top of your daily list at the end of each week. These extra tasks are the ones that’ll create a healthier and more pleasant environment for both the personnel and visiting guests.
The cleaning chores that you should tackle are:
- Polish hardwood floors and surfaces such as conference tables. Use specialised detergents that minimise dust buildup;
- Clean windows inside and out with a squeegee;
- Empty fridges from any leftover food and disinfect them;
- Clean any outdoor spaces and water plants.
Monthly Office Cleaning List
With the items listed in here, the goal is to tackle cleaning tasks that may otherwise get overlooked. Do the following each month to have sparkling clean business spaces at all times:
- Vacuum and deep cleanse upholstered furniture, such as sofas and chairs;
- Clean vents;
- Dust off odd spots like the top of doors and cupboards, light fixtures, and blinds.
Bonus Point: Annual Decluttering
Now, if you follow the above checklists, you will have a spotless London office exactly 365 days a year. You really won’t have to clean more than we’ve mentioned, we swear.
However, to prevent clutter from forming you should also declutter your London office at least once a year. Don’t worry, it’s extremely easy and very satisfactory. Here’s what to do:
- Go through your paperwork and digitalise everything you can;
- Donate old business books to a charity;
- Donate old computers, devices, chairs, and desks to a library, school or a charity.
- Not only will this prevent the huge paper piles, but you’ll also be able to replace old office furniture and electronics with new. Refreshing your environment with new things once in a while is good for motivation and employee morale. After all, who doesn’t want a brand-new monitor or motivational quotes on the walls?
So, we’ve pretty much covered everything. With the help of your daily, weekly and monthly cleaning lists, you’ll maintain the office space fresh and pristine at all times. Your employees will be thrilled, and guests will be impressed. And the best part – you will achieve all that with minimum effort!