Green cleaning is a combination of cleaning methods and products that are oriented towards preserving the Earth’s natural resources and leaving a smaller negative print on the environment. Many of these products contain less if non-toxic chemicals. Most of the ingredients are biodegradable which means that they don’t harm the flora and fauna.
In the past few years, the European Union had expressed great concern about the chemicals used for maintaining the home clean, and eco-friendly cleaners have become more and more popular. A big city like the British capital can generate an enormous amount of waste, so the time to think green has come. From a popular trend to a way of life, green cleaning occupies an important place in the life of the average Londoner. A lot of cleaning companies have shifted their policies and the products they use. Steam cleaning and other non-chemical methods are now one of the most wanted and preferred methods of cleaning.
Let us explore a little further what exactly are the benefits of Green cleaning and why it has become so popular in London and the other European cities.
The Positive Effect of Green Cleaners on Your Home and Family
When you clean with regular detergents the chemicals, they contain are being slowly absorbed by your body. The human skin is a fast absorbent so every time you decide to wash the toilet or clean the dishes and you don’t wear gloves, your skin absorbs tons of harmful chemicals. Not to mention that the person who cleans, often inhales them as well.
By going green you can gain so much:
- You and your family members will no longer be exposed to the chemical particles lingering in the air or sitting on different surfaces;
- The possibilities of developing allergies or asthma will decrease.
- The quality of the air you breathe at home will improve. Many green cleaning sprays will actually help you if you have a lung problem.
- Green cleaning is especially helpful if you suffer from an immune deficiency. Most autoimmune illnesses are easily triggered by aggressive chemicals in toilet or window cleaners.
- Eco-friendly cleaners are safer. You can use them without protection and without the fear that they will burn your skin or damage your eyesight.
- You don’t have to live a so “antibacterial” life. Recent studies conducted by the USA’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA) conclude that the more antibacterial soap you use the greater is the risk of messing up your hormones and thyroid. Green cleaners don’t contain antibacterial agents and thus are actually safer than regular ones.
That is not all. Several positive changes will happen in your life after going green:
- You will experience a sudden decrease in your monthly expenses. After all lemon juice, vinegar and baking soda are quite cheap in comparison to the popular cleaning products. Even if you buy green cleaners from the store, they will be still cheaper than the conventional once because of their contents. Fewer chemicals equal a lower price.
- You can create your own house cleaner at home with no danger to your health whatsoever. Plus this is a great family activity.
- When you mix your own cleaners you know what the ingredients are. This is a big plus because not all companies that make cleaners provide the full list of ingredients on the back of the bottle. It is better to know what you expose your family to.
Environmental Benefits of Green Cleaning
It is clear that there are countless benefits, but let’s just name a few:
- The certified green cleaning product is free of ozone-depleting chemicals, which means that this will decrease the Greenhouse Effect and help slow down global warming.
- Green cleaners are less toxic to aquatic life, thus they don’t pollute the seas and the rivers.
- Natural cleaners are less likely to build up in the bodies of both humans and animals and the stems, leaves and roots of plants.
- Eco-friendly cleaners have fewer smog-producing chemicals that are quickly biodegradable and don’t pose danger to the environment.
The City, the Business and the Green Cleaning
More and more companies organise their manufacturing process and start to become eco-friendly. Not only it is cheaper to produce green cleaners, but companies receive a lot of benefits from the government in the form of tax reduction, and/or financial help.
Thanks to this new green movement, a majority of the professional cleaners in London and the other big cities have started to offer more green services to their clients. It is cheaper to steam clean your home than deep clean it using all sorts of chemicals.
Hopefully, the era of the toxic cleaners will be over soon, and we can finally do something good to help the environment.