One of the most used kitchen appliances in every London home is the oven. Basically, if you want to eat a tasty dish, you will need to use it, to prepare it. This also means stoves can get really dirty, really fast. Food splatters, grease stains and a sticky residue are covering the oven making it a pretty unpleasant site. To avoid all of these, our expert cleaners have prepared a couple of tips that will transform your oven.
Preparation Is Essential
You cant go head first and completely unprepared in the battle for your oven. You need to make sure you have all the needed cleaning tools and products before actually starting something. You will need:
- A pair of rubber gloves
- Specialised oven cleaner – there are a lot of different products on the market that can make wonders with the removal of greasy stains.
- Sponges – purchase the ones with that are abrasive from one side and soft from the other.
- Paper towels or kitchen paper.
- Bin bags – the bigger, the better.
If you decide to make your own cleaning solutions and avoid using heavy chemicals, check if you have:
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Metal wire brush
- Regular soap
Clean like a London Professional
The most successful way to cleanse your oven is by copying the actions of expert house cleaners. They are experienced and know all of the best working methods there is. Why don’t you try to follow their steps?
- Open the oven and remove the shelves
- Put each one in a separate bin bag.
- Put oven cleaner in the bag and seal it. Depending on how dirty your shelves are you might need to purchase more than one bottle.
- Rip a bag and place it on the floor to prevent a mess
- Pour some of the cleaner on the bottom and the door of the oven
- Use the abrasive side of the sponge to rub the product into the grime and dirt.
- Leave the oven for about four to five hours. During this time the cleaning liquid will do its magic.
- Take each shelve from its plastic bag and rinse it with warm soapy water to remove any leftover residue from the oven cleaner.
- Use a sponge to clean the door and floor of the stove. Again with warm water and soap.
- Use a cloth or kitchen paper to dry out the insides of your oven
- Put the shelves back and close the oven door.
This method may take a long time to execute but is its the closest to the professional cleaning services most London companies offer.
The Green Alternative for Your London Oven
If you are not a fan of chemical cleaners, we have an eco-friendly method you may find interesting. Altho you are using common items, most London house cleaners approve of them. Here is what you need to do:
- Just like the first method you need to remove all of the shelves first.
- Make a paste from 4 tbsp of baking soda and some water.
- Spread the mix onto the oven door and floor.
- Forget about it for the next 12 hours, as the baking soda needs to react with the dirt inside your oven.
- While waiting, use the metal wire brush and some soapy water to diligently scrub the shelves.
- After the time is up, wipe the oven with a damp cloth to remove what you can from the dried out soda.
- Put vinegar in a spray bottle and apply it all over the insides of the oven. Don’t worry it will fizz a little. It’s normal.
- Wipe everything with a damp cloth and dry it out with kitchen paper.
- Put the shelves back and close the oven door. You are ready!