Have you heard about the 30-day challenges? There are everywhere nowadays, and people do them for different reasons – healthy eating, weight loss, just for fun. There is even one for cleaning, and of course, we as professionals find it quite interesting. After much deliberation, our London cleaners came up with our own version of the 30 Day Cleaning Challenge. It is designed to help all those struggling with household chores. Stop wasting time and try it, you will be amazed at the results.
How Will My London Home Benefit From It?
The idea is to finish a simple cleaning task each day for a month. At the end of the process, your home will look as if you used the services of a cleaning company. You will save not only time but money. Dividing the big task into small chores will also teach you to organise your day better and prioritise properly.
How Does the Challange Work?
The cleaning chores are divided by rooms, so you will tidy your home in a strict order.
- 8 days for the kitchen
- 4 days for the bathroom
- 7 days for the living/dining room
- 5 days for the bedroom
- 3 days for the entryway
- 3 days for the outdoor areas
If you are living in an apartment in London, there is a good chance you have more or fewer rooms. That is why we will include additional tasks you can use to swap with the ones that are not relevant to your living situation.
8 Days to Clean Your London Kitchen
Let’s start with the area of the house you prepare your food and make sure all is handled properly:
- Day 1 – Wash the microwave and the oven.
- Day 2 – Clean the fridge and dispose of all foods that have gone bad.
- Day 3 – Polish the worktops and clean all cabinet doors.
- Day 4 – Wash the sink and clean the drain.
- Day 5 – Wipe down the kitchen walls, doors, windows and frames.
- Day 6 – Clean the dishwasher.
- Day 7 – Rearrange the pantry and clean the cabinets from the inside.
- Day 8 – Swipe the floors, wipe all switches and lamps. Wash the bin.
For a little more over a week, your kitchen will be spotless.
Time For The Bathroom
Cleaning the bathroom is actually quite easy and not as nasty as most people imagine.
- Day 9 – Clean the tiles and the bathroom fixtures.
- Day 10 -Wash the toilet, bathtub and shower cabin.
- Day 11 -Clean all bathroom accessories, switches, sink and drains.
- Day 12 – Wash the mirrors and the glass shower cabin doors.
It was not that scary, was it? Now you are ready to move to the next room.
How to Tidy the Living/Dining Room in Your London Home?
Altho you spend a lot of time in this room, there are not many cleaning chores it requires.
- Day 13 – Dust the shelves, the electronics, lamps, switches.
- Day 14 – Wipe the doorknob, clean the door and wash the windows.
- Day 15 – Wash the upholstery.
- Day 16 – Declutter and organise the living/dining room.
- Day 17 – Polish all the wooden furniture.
- Day 18 – Hoover and mop the floors.
- Day 19 – Clean the walls, arrange bookshelves.
Wow, now that was easy, right?
Have a Tidy Bedroom
Every employee in a cleaning company in London will tell you how important is the proper organisation of your sleeping area. Let’s make it better in just 5 days.
- Day 20 – Declutter, organise your drawers and wardrobe. Do the laundry.
- Day 21 – Dust and wipe all of the furniture in the room.
- Day 22 – Deep – clean your mattress and bedding.
- Day 23 – Wash the mirrors, windows, doors and light switches and fixtures.
- Day 24 – Hover and mop the floor.
You are ready for good night sleep.
The Entryway and the Outdoor Areas Are Important as Well
The last 6 days are dedicated to clean places you often forget or overlook in general.
- Day 25 – Organise the entryway. Put all the shoes and coats in their places.
- Day 26 – Clean the front door, wash the doormat and wipe the furniture.
- Day 27 – Hover and mop the floor, clean all corridors in the home.
- Day 28 – Wipe the outdoor furniture.
- Day 29 – Mop and wash the porches and decks.
- Day 30 – Clean the roof and gutters.
By now you have completely cleaned your London home and learned to organise your time more efficiently.
Alternative Cleaning Tasks
In order to tidy any home, we often have to adapt our cleaning services to fit our customers’ needs. That is what we propose you do with this challenge and your London house. Here are some great ideas for “swap chores”:
- Defrost the freezer and clean it.
- Clean the medicine cabinet and throw all expired products.
- Remove the cobwebs in all rooms.
- Clean the fireplace.
- Declutter and organise the garage/attic/basement.
- Do some garden work.
- Clean the dryer and washer.
Congratulations you have successfully finished the 30 – day cleaning challenge in your London home!