So, we’ve talked about after renovation cleaning before, and you’ve got our expert advice and tips to guide you. But, it turns out, it’s not as easy as one-two-three. In fact, this type of cleaning requires you to take action prior to the renovation as well as after it. And even then, you may find yourself forgetting to do some of the cleaning tasks. And nobody wants to reach under the sofa for the lost keys only to find out a fat layer of plaster builder dust, right?
Today, we’ll give you all the missing pieces of this puzzle called after builders cleaning. Read on to learn what else you need to do to have a sparkling home.
The post-construction tidying up can be a nightmare, and after builders cleaning companies know this best. That is if you haven’t taken all the necessary measures to protect the rooms of your London home beforehand. We advise you to do the following:
- Remove and store away any loose carpeting and rugs – this will save you at least 1,000 times of hoovering the carpets once the renovation is complete. Trust us, dust is your biggest enemy when talking about post-construction cleaning.
- Cover the furniture and floors with plastic sheets – prevention is key when you do your own after builders cleaning. That’s why it’s essential to cover everything in the rooms with a protective covering. It will reduce the amount of washing and scrubbing later.
- Prepare an after builders cleaning kit – include in it everything you think you’ll need for a deep property cleanse when the construction workers leave. Don’t forget to buy extra bin bags and vacuum filters for your hover. You don’t want to run out of those in the middle of cleaning your London property, do you?
- Get a powerful vacuum cleaner – the Roomba will not be able to help you with this one, so better save that bullet for another time. Instead, invest in (or rent) a powerful hover, able to pick up the extra tiny dust particles and not shoot them back in the air.
“To be prepared, is half the victory,” says Miguel de Cervantes. And now that you are as well, it’ll be times easier to battle the post-construction debris.
Cleaning After the Builders in London – the Tasks Everybody Forgets About
If you’ve followed our previous tips, you’re almost ready to use the newly renovated kitchen or living room. But hold on for a bit. Make sure you’ve cleaned these frequently forgotten spots:
- Wipe air vents and replace filters – You don’t want the nasty dust to make its way to your lungs. Be certain to check and replace the filters and clean the vents with a damp cloth.
- Wipe light fixtures – Missing even a single spot can make your London home feel dirty. That’s why every after builders cleaning list includes wiping off light fixtures. If you have had new ones installed, you can skip this step.
- Check below furniture and appliances – Under the furniture is where all home secrets hide. Lost toys, dropped quids, grocery shopping lists… And plaster dust, of course. Don’t forget to clean all post construction debris from underneath the furniture.
- Wipe off crown mouldings – These details decorate your London house, so make sure they look spotless. Or else you risk your home looking negligent and dirty. Any paint splashes and spots must be removed.
- Clean inside the drawers – Yes, somehow the dirt finds a way and manages to settle in your drawers too! Discover it and fight it off with a damp cloth and your preferred surface cleaner.
- Remove dust from the ceiling fan blades – You might not see it, but it’s there. You can easily reach the blades and wipe them. Simply dampen a cloth and fold it up over a plastic broomstick, then use that to clean the blades.
- Dust the top of doors – Professional after builders cleaners in London have this task in their cleaning checklists. If you skip it, small particles and dirt will fly from the top of the doors each time you close them. So make sure to include the task in your own cleaning plan.
Now that you have all the needed advice, you’re ready to get your home fully polished. Once you clean it after the builders have left, you’ll enjoy the new environment to the fullest.